PTO is currently looking to fill PTO Board Member positions for Fall 2020. They are Treasurer and Member at Large.
All PTO officer positions can be shared, allowing more than one individual to serve in the role. Shared positions are elected in opposite election cycles, Spring and Fall. Benefits of shared positions:
- An experienced officer is always in place for each role
- Shared positions create less work per person
- Shared positions reduce the time commitment
- Shared positions allow collaboration
Treasurer: Oversee all funds of the PTO in accordance with the Douglas County Foundation procedures and serve as Chairs for the Finance and Grants committees
Member At Large: This position consists of three Board Officers who share these responsibilities; Oversee hospitality needs, volunteer staff, and appreciation. Liaison between volunteers, parents and staff/teachers. Serve as a Chair of Hospitality Committee(s). Ideally, representatives shall be one from each school level, (ES), (MS) and (HS)
- Nomination (Secretary is chair)
- Events (Vice President(s) is chair)
- Fundraising (Vice President(s) is chair)
- Communications (Communications is chair)
- Finance (Treasurer(s) is chair)
- Grants (Treasurer(s) is chair)
- Hospitality Committee (Member At Large(s) is chair)
- Teacher/Staff Committee (Staff Liaison is chair).