Donation and Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering and giving to STEM are vital to the success of our school. Our school has a charter that requires a commitment of 30 volunteer hours per family (15 hours per single-parent family).
To make volunteering easy and seamless, please refer to the Volunteering Basics section that will allow you to set up your volunteer account and keep track of your hours. We are extremely grateful for the time and energy donated by STEM parents each year.
Driveline (Earn Double Volunteer Hours):
- Parent supervisors needed during AM & PM Driveline! sign up here. Arrive 5 minutes early to find parking and grab a vest. Extra incentive: Earn double hours ie: log 60 hours in Driveline. (that’s 30 actual volunteer hours). Click here to sign up.
Elementary Lunchroom Volunteers:
- A great way to become involved and see our students during their non-learning time. Click here to sign up.
Spartan Afternoon Program:
- A great way to avoid waiting in the afternoon drive-line, and maybe even take your own child home with homework complete. This opportunity is after school and only requires volunteers to monitor students (no tutoring involved). If you are interested, please click here.
To volunteer for TSA or to provide snacks please click here.
Chess Club Donations
Consider donating to our Chess Club. The group would benefit from having some good tournament sets with clocks. These are the tournament sets we would like to have, with blue and buff boards, black and white pieces and a blue clock. Click the link below to sign up.
Both our Elementary and Secondary Offices are always in need of donated items. Click the button below to see what we need and to sign up. Please bring the items to the appropriate front office with a label for what it is for.
News and Updates
School Picture Retakes
Families can access their photos by visiting the link below or going to dr-photo.com, selecting the School Portrait Proofs link, and when prompted enter their private password in the following format: Student ID#
Friday, Oct. 8 – Photo Retake Day
- Elementary students will go in small groups with their homeroom teacher.
- Secondary students will go during their study hall.
- If a student does NOT have a study hall, they can get their photo during their lunch break.
For virtual students, there will be an opportunity to have their photos taken at our photographer’s studio beginning in September until Thanksgiving. There will be a link to sign up.
DCSD Lunch Menu for Week of August 30-September 3
- Monday: drumsticks & cup mix fruit
- GF: glazed drumstick
- Tuesday: mini pancakes & oranges
- GF: cinnamon sugar flatbread with sausage
- Wednesday: pizza & celery
- GF: flatbread cheese pizza
- Thursday: muffin bistro with dried cherries
- gf: nothing
- Friday: ravioli with pesto & cucumber
- GF: pepp stuffing
Check out the newest Clubs and Activities in our Enrichment Programming
We have so many offerings for our students to get involved in clubs and activities at STEM. Click the button below to see all of our offerings. Don’t see something that interests your student? Email Mrs. Sara Phelps (email@example.com) to see if that club could be added.
Here are the latest Elementary School Clubs that have been added:
Elementary First Lego League Interest
If you are interested in your Elementary student participating in Elementary First Lego League, please fill out the form below. Each team of 6-8 students needs 2 coaches, so parent involvement is needed
Learn more about FIRST Lego League here:
Update to our Virtual Weather Day Procedures
In the event that DCSD determines that the district should follow the DCSD Delayed Opening protocol, STEM School Highlands Ranch will abide by its Virtual School Day Policy. When it snows, our school’s operation and instructional expectations will be determined by one of these three scenarios:
- Snow Day – Douglas County Schools (check www.dcsdk12.org) calls a snow day – The STEM building is closed and implements a Virtual School Day with 20% of the learning being synchronous. (NEW; STEM will not have Snow Days morning forward)
- Late Start Day – Douglas County Schools calls a Late Start day – STEM is closed and implements a Virtual School Day with 20% of the learning being synchronous.
- All Schools Open – Douglas County Schools declare Highlands Ranch area schools open – STEM is open and operating to our regular schedule.
Lunch is FREE so please remind your student that if they want a DCSD lunch, they must go through the line and use their lunch number for inventory purposes.
Entrances to the School
We will not longer have a High School Entrance. In order to better serve our students, our High School Office has been transformed into the Counseling Offices. This means that our Middle School entrance will now be the Main Secondary Entrance, and our Middle School Office will now be our Secondary Office Suite. All Secondary Students should enter and exit through the Secondary Doors.
Forgotten Items Table
If your student forgets something in the morning and needs it for that day, there is a table in the lobby on which you can leave something for your student. Please make sure that their name is on the item. If it is electronic in nature, please bring it to the office. Please remind your student to check that table or the front desk if they are expecting you to bring an item. So as to not interrupt the classroom, we will not call them to get the item from the table. It is the student’s responsibility to retrieve the items you leave for them.
Lost and Found
Please put your student’s name on everything. If an item (other than electronics) is lost, it can be retrieved from the Lost and Found table in the back of the cafeteria. Electronic items that are found will be at the front desk. We donate the items not retrieved before Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break and at the end of the school year (or as needed).
BASE is Hiring
Come join us for a rewarding career in serving families in out-of-school time! The hours depending on school times are:
- 6:30 – 8:30 a.m. (9:05 a.m.)
- 3:15 (3:45) – 6 p.m. (6:15 p.m.)
- Full-day hours vary from 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. (6:15 p.m.)
For more information reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-2022 BASE Sub Compensation Rates
- Sub Program Aide: $12.32
- Sub Program Leader: $13.80
- Compensation would be set at this rate for a new DCSD employee, or if a current DCSD classified employee applies, who also holds a classified secondary position, such as an Educational Assistants 1-3,
- Sub Program Leader: $14.80
- Compensation would be set at this rate, if a current DCSD classified employee applies, who also holds a classified secondary position, with unique qualifications/experience/training that would meet the needs of specific students, such as an Educational Assistant 4.
- Sub Program Leader: $15.80
- Compensation would be set at this rate, if a current DCSD licensed employee applies, who also holds a secondary position, such as a Teacher (Substitute Teachers excluded).
- Sub Senior Program Leader: $15.23
- Sub Preschool Assistant: $13.30
- Sub Preschool Instructor: $15.92
- Sub Assistant Program Manager: $16.91
- Sub Program Supervisor: $20.10
Join the STEM Elementary Team
We’re hiring! We need Instructional and Educational Assistants to join our Elementary Staff for the 2021-22 School Year. Click the button below to find out more about each position. We’ve also got an opening in our Secondary School. Click the button below to see all of our job openings.
How to apply
Whatever you are going through, AllHealth is here to help
AllHealth Network offers mental health services for students and families onsite at STEM School Highlands Ranch with a licensed professional counselor, Kathleen Shook. Kathleen uses evidence-based treatment approaches to talk and play with kids of all ages to help them with anxiety, depression, trauma, and adjusting to life’s changes. Sessions happen during school hours for your convenience and most insurances are accepted.
Additionally, AllHealth Network offers free services such as counseling, support groups and opportunities for social connection to students, families, and community members affected by May 7th at the STEM Center for Strength located at 640 Plaza Dr., Suite 130.
To get connected to any of the services AllHealth has to offer, contact Kathleen at 720-462-9645 or the STEM Center at 720-980-5761.