Attention High School students! The NACLO 2022 Linguistics Competition registration is now open!
· Students compete in linguistics problem solving, computational thinking, and natural language processing challenges.
· Winners move on to the International Linguistics Olympiad, which this year will be held on the United Kingdom Isle of Man. Last year 54 teams representing 34 countries competed in Latvia.
· Sponsors include Carnegie Mellon, National Science Foundation, University of Michigan, and the Linguistic Society of America.
· STEM School Highlands Ranch is currently the only high school competition site in Colorado.
· No prior experience necessary and there is no fee to participate.
· Competition date is January 27, 2022.
To register, go to: https://nacloweb.org/register_student.php and choose STEM School Highlands Ranch as the competition site from the drop down. Please go to nacloweb.org for further details or drop in on a session of the STEM Linguistics Club on Tuesday for further details.
Time and Location TBA