Despite the blistering heat (in the mid-90 degrees), the Spartans had a great day at the DCHS Sky Invite on Saturday, June 5.
A total of 7 new school records were set/broken.
- Paige McEnerny set a new record in the 200m in 33.14
- Olivia Staab broke her own record in the 1600m with a 7:01.95 (*Note: Ellason Arendale ran a personal best of 7:12.62 in that same race-BOTH girls ran under the old school record!)
- Ellie Wyse set a new record in the Shot Put of 23-06
- Mia Ketter ran a personal best in the 100m of 18.59
- Ethan Lee broke his own school record in the 100m with a 13.69, then came back and set brand new records in the long jump (13-02) and the 200m with a 29.48
- Ryan Liedtke set a new school record in the 400m of 1:12.64
The Spartans will close out their season on Wednesday, June 16 at the Centaurus Las Chance Meet at Centaurus High School.