Dear STEM School Highlands Ranch High School Families,
We were notified today that two students in 12th grade have tested positive for COVID. The student was last at STEM on Friday, Sept. 10 and your student may have been exposed. If your student was present at STEM for in-person learning on Friday, and had any of the classes listed below, your student should do one of the following:
Per TCHD guidance:
- If your student is vaccinated, your student can continue to attend in-person learning, however we do ask that you please monitor them for symptoms.
- Students who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 90 days (and completed their 10 days of isolation related to that case) do not have to quarantine and can return to in-person learning.
- If your student is unvaccinated, your student must remain at home in quarantine and access their coursework remotely. Your student’s teacher has been notified and is available to answer any coursework questions. Your student can return for in-person learning on Tuesday, Sept. 21. (If your student was online or absent during any of those periods on Friday, the quarantine does not apply and can attend for in-person learning.)
Below are the affected class period during that time frame:
- Period 2 – Video Production
- Period 2 – AP Biology (Schnacke)
- Period 3 – AP Literature and Composition (Graham)
- Period 5 – Technical Writing (Cooper
- Period 5 – AP Calculus (Snow)
- Period 6 – US History (White)
- Period 7 – AP Physics (Rubin)
- Period 8 – Solidworks (Hardy)
- Period 8 – Zoology (Schnacke)
- Period 9 – AP Calculus (Snow)
- Period 9 – Weight Training (Ray)
NOTIFYING STEM OF COVID-19 POSITIVE CASE
If your student tests positive for COVID-19, please contact our School Nurse, Mallory Jimenez (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately. She will then notify the appropriate STEM Leadership Team members to then initiate our communication process. Ms. Jimenez will then provide instructions on next steps.
Additionally, if your student is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, please keep them home from school and monitor them. We strongly encourage students to get tested if there are any symptoms of COVID-19.
We truly appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Please know that we are working around the clock to get answers from TCH and to then get them to our families as quickly as possible. We know that decisions like these impact your schedules so please know that we are doing everything we can.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
STEM School Highlands Ranch Communications