Wednesday, Oct. 13, from 7:40 a.m. to 12 p.m.
On October 13, 2021, STEM juniors will take the PSAT/NMSQT and STEM seniors that signed up will take the SAT. These assessments are not part of state-mandated accountability testing, but an opportunity for students to improve SAT scores or practice for the SAT. The NMSQT is used as a qualifier for the National Merit Scholarship Program. For more information about these assessments please visit www.collegeboard.org.
K-8 Typical School Day
- 9,10,12 Virtual day – students will log into canvas and/or zoom to complete attendance and coursework per their teacher’s instructions.
- 11th grade takes NMSQT
- 12th graders that signed up for SAT will test (the rest will be virtual)
- Those testing will be responsible for knowing missed content, missed tests or quizzes and project work but will be excused from afternoon assignments/homework.
|Students report to assigned testing rooms||7:40-7:50 a.m.|
|Testing room doors close||7:55 a.m.|
|Testing starts||8 a.m.|
|Testing concludes – 11th grade||approximately 11:30 a.m.|
|Testing concludes – 12th grade||approximately 12 p.m.|
*If testing with accommodations, look for a separate email with different release times.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should my student bring to school?
- Several No. 2 pencils with erasers
- An approved calculator
- Valid school- or government-issued photo ID
- Click here for more details
- snack/drink for breaks
What time should my student arrive?
- Please be sure that your student arrives by 7:40 a.m. at the latest. Testing room doors will close by 7:55 and once testing starts any late students will not be able to test.
Can my student eat lunch at school?
- Please plan on your student eating off campus after their assessment. The high school cafeteria will be closed.
I have an elementary/middle school student, how does testing affect him/her?
- It doesn’t! K-8 will have a typical school day – unless your 8th grade student is taking a high school class. In that case, your student will go to their assigned study hall during that class period.
- Please contact the Testing Coordinator Nancy Szczekocki at email@example.com