Secondary Last Day of School
Friday, May 27, at 11:30 a.m.
Secondary’s last day of school is Friday, May 27 and it is a half-day. Click the button below to access the Secondary Early Release schedule.
Welcome to High School Party
Friday, May 27, from 8:30-11 a.m. – Central Park
On Friday, May 27, High School students and 8th-grade students will be dismissed at 8 a.m. and walk with their teachers to Central Park. Fun activities, along with music and yearbook distribution will take place. There will be an 8th-grade award ceremony and a Welcome message. Students will walk back to STEM in time for dismissal at 11:30 a.m.
Students MUST have a completed waiver to participate in the party.
News and Updates
Summer School Through DCSD
If you are considering taking classes during summer school, we have a lot of options! You may take a class either online or in person. And courses may be taken for either credit recovery or credit acceleration. When looking at DCSD classes, you will see that they offer ‘grade replacement’. STEM does not – so any class taken during summer school as credit recovery will be added to your transcript.
1. Summer school through DCSD: Only two campuses (Rock Canyon and Mountain Vista) are offering ‘in person’ courses. All high schools are offering online classes through Edgenuity (which is completely online and asynchronous).All online classes through Edgenuity are for credit recovery only.
2. Summer school is also being offered through eDCSD, which are also online. However, these classes do meet at specific times onlines twice a week.
3. A third option is to take a course through BYU independent study. This is an accredited program and credits will be transcripted and sent to STEM.
School Lunches will NOT be Free Next Year
Over the last two years, the USDA has provided school waivers that provide meals at no cost to the students. Those waivers will expire after the 2021-22 School year ends. This means that a return to paid meals will begin August 8, 2022 for students that do not qualify for Free or Reduces Meal Benefits. DCSD is asking that ALL families please complete the Free or Reduced Lunch Application by July 25, 2022.
If a family does not qualify for FRL, the meals will cost the following:
$3.25 – Elementary
$3.75 – Middle School
All meal prices include an entree, fruit, veggies and milk. Ala carte options are available at all schools and prices vary by option. Students pay for school lunches through their MySchoolBucks account.
Summer Programs at STEM!
We are hosting three summer camps at STEM and registration is open!
- Camp Invention (K-6th) – June 6-10
- Lego Robotics Camp (4th-6th) – June 13-17
- Girls Persist Summer Program (6th) – July 18-22
Visit our Enrichment site to register or email Sara.Phelps@stemk12.org with questions.
STEM B.A.S.E. is Hiring
We desperately need to hire to support the STEM community, any assistance is greatly appreciated.
We are looking for two Senior Program Leaders and one Program Lead to work in a busy and fun program. If you, or someone you know, is looking to develop management skills and gain experience in a growing program with a fun, experienced, and dedicated staff, this is the right move for you. Hours would be M-F 1:30-5:30/6. Part-time and full-time hours are available during school breaks. I am happy to coordinate with BASE Managers who have staff looking for more hours. Feel free to call ( (720) 688-2928) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details or questions.
High School Volunteers Needed for Camp Invention!
We are in need of high school students to volunteer for the week of June 6th-10th with Camp Invention! Help lead our K-6 students through a weeklong fun learning experience! Earn volunteer hours, mentor students, and have fun! Reach out to Sara.Phelps@stemk12.org with questions.
DCSD News and Resources
Save the Date: Perseverance Scholarship Golf Tournament
Monday, July 25
Lone Tree Golf Course
Help fund future Perseverance Scholars by competing in a friendly golf tournament this summer. All DCSD staff and friends are welcome to join. More details to follow.
Free Summer Lunches Are Back!
DCSD Nutrition Services will again offer free summer lunches to kids under 18. Meals will be distributed at locations in Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, and Parker from May 31 to July 29. Pickup time may vary by site.
Mill Bond Oversight Ad Hoc Committee Seeking Members
The Mill Bond Oversight Ad Hoc Committee (MBOC) is currently accepting applications for:
- One (1) Safety and Security Representative
- One (1) Licensed Educator-Secondary Representative
- Two (2) Parent/Community Members Region: Highlands Ranch
- One (1) Licensed Educator-Elementary Representative
- One (1) District Accountability Committee Representative to serve on the MBOC.